This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Children's Hospital of MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Job Location Name
Children's Hospital of MI
Pediatric position for BMT and inpatient unit
Reports to the Director, DMC Nutrition Services conducts a nutrition assessment for all patients identified at nutritional risk to determine an appropriate plan of nutrition therapy that meets their assessed needs. A nutrition assessment includes evaluation of patient s medical history, medication/herbal supplement history, anthropometric measurement, assessment of lab values, and diet history. The assessment also includes age specific factors, cultural and religious practices, and barriers to learning including physical, emotional, language, cognitive and motivation. Nutrition Care Plans specific to patient s identified need are developed and include requirements for nutrients and nutrition education as appropriate. The assessment is completed using a multi-disciplinary approach with input from medical staff, nursing, speech language pathology, and other appropriate hospital personnel. Records nutrition assessment in patient records using DMC approved documentation.
1) Performs as a resource person for hospital personnel and medical staff regarding nutrition and participates in multidisciplinary rounds as well as providing education to various departments on nutrition related topics.
2) Researches and develops programs for dietetic interns. Participants in the education of dietetic interns by providing specialized and general nutrition instruction.
3) Participate in research projects and nutrition related programs.
4) Works with outside agencies in obtaining ongoing assistance for patients as appropriate.
5) Maintains hospital and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, process improvement and provides input on improving processes and ways to provide high quality patient care.
6) Inventory and order office and tube feeding supplies.
7) Monitors and directs foodservice personnel to ensure provisions of optimal nutritional food service to patients are met; follows up with patient to ensure adherence to dietary regimen.
8) Formulates special recipes or plans to meet the specific needs of patients.
9) Promotes guest relations. Maintains good customer service providing assistance to customers in a quick and courteous manner.
11. Promotes the value of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education, and efficient and effective resource use
1. Bachelor s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics.
2. Dietetic Internship in healthcare setting or completion of a supervised practice program at a health care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation, or combined with graduate or undergraduate studies. Programs are usually 6 to 12 months in length.
3. Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or registry eligible passing the registry exam within 6 months of completion of internship.
4. Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required if working with patients with inherited metabolic disorders.
1. Analytical ability to determine patient needs, develop plans assess progress and the like.
2. Interpersonal, written and verbal skills to develop and explain patient nutrition care plans, make presentations and interact effectively with hospital personnel, medical staff, patients and their families.
Other Patient Care Professionals
At Detroit Medical Center (DMC), we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this web site, please contact the DMC facility where the position is available, for further assistance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual disability.