Clinical Documentation Improvement Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25086-7516
The Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Manager coordinates clinical documentation improvement initiatives across the North Florida Division.
* Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations regarding CDI, POA, basic coding, as well as current trends and developments in the area of Clinical Documentation Improvement.
* Develops and implements CDI strategies, capitalizing on facility best practices. Provides facility specific CDI analysis and makes recommendations for process improvement. Ensures that improvement opportunities are appropriately channeled to effect change.
* Coordinates compliance initiatives.
* Intervenes with facility CDI programs to address and resolve issues related to facility CDI process.
* Facilitates strong working relationships between Shared Service Center (SSC), Coding, and hospital departments to promote effective clinical documentation improvement through coordination of efforts.
* Participates in division meetings, providing guidance and strategic direction on CDI issues.
* Identifies educational opportunities and coordinates division and facility based training programs. Facilitates orientation of new CDI staff.
* Monitors and analyzes trends in the CDI process. Develops and implements action plans to maximize the CDI program in the division.
* Facilitates the development and review of division/facility CDI plans to ensure compliance with internal audits, state and federal regulatory requirements.
* Monitor productivity of CDI staff and coverage rates
* Physician training and education
* Work with Physician Advisors to address outlier physicians
* Perform chart reviews to ensure appropriate documentation
* Monitor and address low physician response and agree rates to queries
* Work with HIM and hospital on delinquent queries
* Work with HIM and CDI on month end close process to ensure accuracy of interim Coding on unbilled accounts.
* Education/Required Licensures:
Undergraduate Degree Required, Bachelor s Degree preferred. Current Florida Registered Nurse licensure.
3-5 years hospital CDI experience required; minimum 2 years of director/supervisor management experience required
Last Edited: 09/01/2016