Clinical Documentation Improvement and Auditing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Performs quality audits for physician services incorporating both coding and clinical documentation requirements into the assessment
* Provides one-on-one education to providers for areas of concern and/or focus with an emphasis on clinical documentation and problem list management
* Reviews records for documentation deficiencies and works with the providers to improve documentation specificity
* Ensures corrective action is taken in a timely manner
* Reviews provider documentation in the medical record to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and third party billing requirements, rules, regulations, and standards of care
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Certified CPT coder required
* Some college level business courses and/or equivalent experience in health field preferred
* Minimum of two years practical clinical documentation improvement and/or auditing experience is preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
* Excellent analytical skills are required
* A broad knowledge of the disease process, normal/abnormal findings, reasonable course of treatment, quality assurance, and risk management issues is essential
* Some training skills required to explain requirements and provide guidance to areas experiencing billing problems
* Coding certification required (at least one of the following) CPC, CCS, RHIT, RHIA
* Physical Requirements: Mainly sedentary with some light lifting of charts required
* Visual Requirements: Near Vision with extensive exposure to VDTs
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation and telephone communication
* Working Conditions: Office Setting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.