Clinical Engineering - Capital Planning Specialist 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Capital Planning Specialist will provide analytical and operational support with client projects. This includes being heavily involved in the mining and refinement of data used for capital planning and equipment replacement reports. This position will also support the development of business insights and technology forecasts for use in capital planning projects.
* Completes projects as assigned in the areas of capital equipment, productivity, technology evaluations and comparisons, investigations, and other topics within the scope of current and future Healthcare Technologies.
* Works with the field, departments, and functions to provide insight and support related to areas of expertise.
* Evaluates predicted and actual service delivery performance to identify gaps and makes recommendations to optimize performance.
* Ensures all reports and investigations follow sound engineering and scientific principles and processes to maintain the highest levels of integrity.
* Works closely with site-based capital planning personnel to support capital planning projects and other related activities.
* Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering, health administration or mathematics
* Healthcare experience desirable
* Requires proficiency with a personal computer and the MS Office suite
* Experience with analytical softwarepreferred
* Excellent organizational skills, tremendous follow-through, and the ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining deadlines
* This position reports to the Manager of Technology Assessment & Capital Planning
* Requires strong working level knowledge of medical technologies and their application in healthcare
* Requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to model equipment and service performance
* Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Requires excellent problem solving skills and capabilities
* Knowledge of and experience using quality improvement tools and techniques is desirable
* Requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and work on many projects simultaneously