Clinical & Informatics Educator RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Mateo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONClinical Educator:
Provides educational opportunities that benefit nurses at all stages of their career development. Assists learners in the assessment of needs & identification of outcomes. Incorporates principles of adult learning in implementation of education programs. Identifies & evaluates high quality, culturally diverse instructional materials in all types of media & formats. Adjusts content & teaching strategies to meet learner needs. Provides ongoing assessment of individual performance in clinical & proficiencies for PCS staff & Mgmt & reports to Dir of Clinical Education, Practice,& Informatics. Identifies individuals who do not meet established competency expectations & recommends a formal action plan to PCS Mgmt. Registered Nurse
* Program & Curriculum Development/Evaluation: Develops, designs, evaluates, & manages professional development programs based on principles of adult learning that foster the development of competence in the nursing staff. Conducts ongoing evaluation of the quality & effectiveness of educational activities to ensure they maintain & enhance professional development & promote the delivery of cost-effective high quality healthcare. Develops/coordinates education plans related to orientation of new staff to the organization, initial & ongoing competency validation, core education to address patient population specific nursing care,& core education for the development of beside leaders.
* Clinical practice standards:Responds to changes in nursing practice/nursing theory & develops programs to support those changes. Conducts research into professional & community practice standards, technology, clinical informatics, & clinical innovations for improved patient care.
* Clinical informatics expert:Ensures that is leveraged for the benefit of nursing practice & improved excellence in patient care systems & processes. Assesses opportunities to support clinical practices through the use of by analyzing clinical workflow to determine current practices & facilitating the improvement of specific nursing practices & processes.
* Partnerships/Leadership Duties:Participates in interdisciplinary committees to integrate educational activities into clinical care & clinical informatics/appropriate use of into educational activities & clinical care. Addresses & workflow issues through Regional Domains, local Domains & Cross Functional Domain. Provides leadership for clinical IT enhancements.
* Oversight:Provides investigation, recommendation, prioritization & evaluation of clinical risk, & correction plans for arising concerns & issues as a result of & clinical edu. Monitors, tracks, & follows up on such concerns/issues. Escalates any patient safety issues identified w/workflow disruptions.
* This job description is not all encompassing.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience coordinating or managing education program/curriculum design, development and evaluation/assessment, including two (2) years in staff professional development and/or clinical training/teaching.
* BSN or bachelor's degree in health care or related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Current California RN license required.
* BLS certificate required.