Clinical Lab Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
- Must have taken courses in biological science, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Successful completion of CAHEA/NCCLS accredited Medical Technology program OR satisfy any of the other acceptable routes to gain certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) or as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (NCA).
- On the job clinical training or internship for one (1) year while completing the requirements for the Registry Examination is required.
- One (1) to two (2) additional years experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Must possess or provide proof of certification eligibility for MT (ASCP) or CLS (NCA).