Clinical Liaison - Manhattan, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are currently seeking a Clinical Liaison to join our team.
This position facilitates patient care coordination / referrals in the marketplace as required with balance of time spent making sales calls. As a clinical expert, educates patients, physicians, case managers and all customers regarding diseases states, infusion therapy, Transitional Care Management and available BioScrip services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Research and Market Intelligence
* Assists in identifying patients who could benefit from home infusion services.
* Identifies business expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
* Assists AE in maintaining a comprehensive database of branch capabilities to inform customers during sales calls.
* Informs the intake department of trends that reflect a need for additional or extended services in home care.
Account Planning and Targeting
* Participates in regional and area sales management conference calls as scheduled by Regional Sales Manager.
* Assists in developing territory sales forecasts.
* Attends and actively participates in weekly branch sales - operations meetings.
* Achieves territory sales plan objectives as defined with Regional Sales Manager.
* Participates in targeting and prioritizing business opportunities.
* Meets and exceeds baseline admission / coordination's threshold as defined by management within assigned accounts.
* Performs on site reviews at various institutions to assist inpatient staff with discharge process.
* Trains and educates inpatient staff and community health care organizations on capabilities of BioScrip. Provides patient, physician and case manager teaching regarding therapy and supplies.
* Participates in all mandatory corporate sales blitz events.
* Maintains a strong knowledge base of all payer contracts to communicate to customers.
* Visits customer accounts to inquire about customer satisfaction with BioScrip's services; identifies and resolves customer service issues in a timely manner.
* Updates Account Executives and Regional Sales Manager on account related issues to ensure feedback is appropriately incorporated for future referrals.
* Completes active liaison / case management logs on a weekly basis in salesforce.com .
Patient Need Assessment
* Participates in assessment and teaching of a patient's infusion therapy needs, including vein assessment, assessment of patient's and caregiver's potential ability to perform the required therapy, and selecting the appropriate home therapy equipment.
* Ensures that an appropriate home health plan is developed.
* Confers with customers (physicians, patient / family / caregivers, health care personnel, etc.) during the planning process to establish mutual goals.
* Works with intake coordinators and reimbursement staff to facilitate a smooth discharge for individual patients.
* Possesses solid knowledge of and guarantees compliance with: state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, BioScrip policies and procedures, and standards of performance.
* Gives high priority to client satisfaction and customer needs.
* Maintains a positive relationship with internal customers; listens to different viewpoints and works collaboratively with others throughout the company to resolve conflicts. Treats people with respect and dignity. Cultivates mutual trust and confidence as evidenced by peer recognition as a resource and positive leader.
* Maintains high level of professionalism. Follows through on commitments to others, delivers on promises, maintains personal integrity, presents professionally at all times, is easily accessible at all times, and serves as a role model for others as evidenced by peer feedback and letters of recognition and support.
* Demonstrates skill and ability in effective professional written and verbal communications.
* Completes expense reports, sales reports and assigned paper work timely, accurately, and in compliance with Company policy.
* Completes all Company required in-services and trainings as required.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required, BSN preferred. Current Registered Nurse licensure in good standing in state of practice required. CPR certification is required. CRNI preferred. A minimum of two (2) years current nursing experience in a clinical specialty involving infusion therapy required, including patient assessment skills, venous access skills and emergency patient care, with at least one (1) year of home health experience required. Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties. Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record which meets company's standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Expert understanding in clinical areas of responsibility.
* Solid knowledge of BioScrip policies and procedures.
* Solid knowledge of home infusion industry, as well as a solid knowledge of respiratory, HME and enteral lines of business.
* Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations applicable the industry.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirements
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate leadership.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Knowledge of infusion pharmacy reimbursement: state, federal and commercial.
* Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of current business issues and trends.
* Ability to develop and implement financial plans and manage resources.
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
* Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
* Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
* Ability to assume flexible work schedule. Ability to travel