Clinical Nurse Coordinator PRN - Epilepsy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
RN Required or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
Approximately 200,000 people are diagnosed with epilepsy each year, and more than 3 million Americans are affected by the condition. Although epilepsy is more typical in children under 2 and adults over 65, anyone can be affected by it.
The University of Kansas Hospital's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is the only program in Kansas and one of only two in the Kansas City metro area to be designated a Level 4 Epilepsy Center the industry standard for epilepsy care. This designation means the hospital's care teams provide the highest level of medical and surgical treatment for patients with complex epilepsy.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Clinical Nurse Coordinator. Hours may vary and are likely to increase over time. No weekends or holidays are required. Experience in neuroscience is preffered, but not required.
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives, utilizing information from relevant sources, such as databases and benchmarks.
* Applies principles of teaching/learning and health literacy to design, provide and evaluate patient and health care provider education.
* Collaborates effectively with team members and other disciplines.
* Demonstrates leadership through participating in hospital committees, councils and taskforces.
* Develops skills for effective communications and team building.
* Employs strategies to promote health in a safe environment.
* Implements and evaluates evidence-based nursing interventions.
* Incorporate ethical principles into healthcare planning and delivery.
* Promotes efficient delivery of patient care throughout the healthcare system.
* Seeks opportunities to share expertise and mentor others.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing Required;
* Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
* BLS Certification required
* Minimum of two years RN experience required
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.