Clinical Nurse II - Emergency Department
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
Summary of Position Description
This is a 24 hour, night shift working 2-12 hour shifts, working every other weekend.
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
* Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is preferred. Required to matriculate within one year of hire into a BSN degree program and within five years of hire, will complete the BSN degree. Tuition assistance is available for positions 20 or more hours per week.
* Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
Clinical Nurse II Emergency Department