Clinical Nurse II Medical Surgical (RN)
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to patients and families
Essential Responsibilities: - Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients
- Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
- Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self May participate in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
Required Qualifications: - Associate's degree required in Nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred in Nursing
- License required:
Registered Nurse,Certificate 1 required:
Basic Life Support
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
Preferred Qualifications:- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
Competencies:- Written Communications:
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:
Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:
Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service:
Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups:
Birth to 6 months, Young adult:
16-30 years, Middle Age:
30 - 60 years, Elderly:
Physical Nature of the Job:
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Department Description44 bed busy medical surgical unit specializing in total joint replacement, urology, and gynecology surgery.