Perioperative Clinical Nurse II / Registered Nurse (RN) - $5k Sign On 9/16/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Operating Room RN for West Main Campus; inpatient Level I Trauma Surgery. Wide variety of surgical procedures including general, bariatric, robotics, neuro, ortho, spine, podiatry, plastic and trauma as well as kidney and liver transplant program. Solid practitioner, dynamic and team oriented environment. CNOR preferred.
As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $5,000 in sign on bonuses for various positions within Perioperative Services. OR Nurses must be licensed with at least one year of perioperative nursing experience in the areas mentioned for West OR.
OR West Campus: Inpatient Level I Trauma Surgery. Wide variety of surgical procedures including bariatric, neurosurgery, orthopedic trauma, spine, major plastic reconstruction, robotic surgery, and kidney and liver transplants.
Sign On Bonus Amounts:
West OR Nurses: $5,000 for full time, $2,500 for part time employees
Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes. Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 17966BR
JOB SUMMARY: Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse and provides direct nursing care to patients and families
* Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients
* Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates awareness of environmental forces on health care of patients and their families. Demonstrates the ability to identify resources necessary to implement the plan of care.
* Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and families. Develops relationships with patients and families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate.
* Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator or clinical nurse specialist. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development of self May participate in quality improvement activities.
* Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
* Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
* License Registered Nurse required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
* Must have at least one year OR Nursing experience.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.