Clinical Nurse Preceptor-High Risk OB Unit 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Clinical Nurse Preceptor-High Risk OB Unit
Job Location Name
Under general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising staff development activities; performs duties of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse when needed.
1. Instructs, counsels and monitors the work of nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.*
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientee s needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.*
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of individual orientation).*
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and procedures.*
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing staff.*
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.*
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives and performs other duties as assigned.*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two years.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
Nursing - Licensed
At Detroit Medical Center (DMC), we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this web site, please contact the DMC facility where the position is available, for further assistance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual disability.