Clinical Nurse Specialist - ER / Critical Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
HW HealthFinders, INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONClinical Nurse Specialist - ER/Critical Care
The Clinical Nurse Specialist is a Registered Nurse who manages the clinical and
educational resources and care standards for a specific patient population. The
Clinical Nurse Specialist is a member of the Chief Nursing Officer's leadership team
and a member of the Advanced Practice Nurses Group. This Manager participates in
the development of evidence based care delivery systems and clinical practice
programs. The Manager's role, along with other members of the management team,
is to promote the provision of effective, high quality patient care to all patients.
The following responsibilities are included:
* Oversight of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery.
* Development of personnel and compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
* Fostering of interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships and is accountable for bringing innovative ideas from and to the bedside.
* Provide educational programs for staff which are pertinent to the patient population served.
* Acts as an independent consultant on clinical care issues for patients, families, staff physicians and other departments..
* Master's degree in Nursing required.
* Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification required
* National Specialty certification in emergency or critical care nursing preferred
* Four years of RN clinical experience in an emergency department required