Clinical Nurse Specialist - Labor and Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
* Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients. Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
* Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members. Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
* Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other heath care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others. Defines and implements best nursing practices.Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
* Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
* Accesses to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of documentation. Maintains role specific competencies.
* conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time reserve the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of specialty required.
* BSN required.
* Clinical master's in nursing, in area of specialization, is required.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
* Current California RN license required.
* California Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification in area of specialty required.
* Current BLS certificate required.
* Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
* Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
* ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.