Clinical Nurse Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES\' BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (BHA), is seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist with a passion for promoting excellence in psychiatric mental health nursing, to join our team. In this leadership position you will thrive on improvement opportunities that make a real difference to the people within EASTERN STATE HOSPITAL (ESH).
This is an exciting opportunity to promote excellence in patient care by advancing the quality and scope of nursing at ESH through clinical practice, education, consultation and leadership roles.
You'll assist treatment teams in formulating and applying patient-centered and evidence-based interdisciplinary plans of care and consult with unit management teams in developing and implementing unit programs and initiatives.
Strategize with nursing leadership and nursing management, and contribute to the implementation of the Nursing Department vision, philosophy, and mission.
Enjoy consulting with nursing staff, treatment teams, and other clinical disciplines in maximizing patient care services.
You will have the opportunity to promote and enhance the growth and development of nursing staff by providing leadership and education to improve the delivery of nursing care.
Review and evaluate data, analyze trends and patterns and prepare recommendations for improvement, formulate corrective action plans for improving nursing performance, and develop and review policies and procedures.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
An applicant who has a valid license to practice as a registered, professional nurse in the State of Washington. You must have a master's degree in nursing (preferably with a primary focus psychiatric mental health nursing and three years of professional nursing experience, or equivalent education/experience.
Additionally, we need someone who:
* Can effectively communicate with management, peers, patients, and the public.
* Is able to disperse medications.
* Is able to provide physical supports/interventions for clients using program approved methods which may include moving or transferring patients.
We would like to find someone who:
* Possesses clinical expert level knowledge, skills and abilities in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice.
* Is competent in maintaining regulatory standards (Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) in in-patient psychiatric settings.
* Who holds (or is eligible for) certification as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist.