Clinical Nursing Assistant II-R2 Medical Telemetry 9/10/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
* CNA Registry Required
* Summary of Position Description
Under supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse and according to established policies and procedures, performs various service duties and routine technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and daily living activities. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
* Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider s orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
* Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
* Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
* Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
Clinical Nursing Assistant II-R2 Medical Telemetry