Clinical Pathologist II - BioResearch 8/25/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
West Sacramento, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IDEXX BIORESEARCH is seeking a CLINICAL PATHOLOGIST to provide expertise and exceptional clinical pathology services to researchers in biomedical industries that develop medical advancements for human and animal health. The IDEXX BioResearch Clinical Pathology department offers a dynamic suite of services that support animal model development, discovery research, preclinical studies and veterinary clinical trials. This individual will support these clinical pathology laboratory service activities at our two locations in West Sacramento, CA and North Grafton, MA. The Clinical Pathologist will participate in efforts of our division to develop and validate new assays necessary to accommodate the ever-changing needs of these research industries. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our highly talented team of specialists who are committed to providing our customers with exceptional customer service, the highest caliber of test offerings, and innovative solutions to diagnostic and research challenges.
Responsibilities include evaluation and interpretation of clinical pathology data, consultation with researchers regarding collection of samples and selection of appropriate tests, and collaboration with pathologists or other scientists in correlating findings on research and preclinical studies, and in clinical trials. The individual will participate in new and ongoing research and development projects relevant for development of new laboratory tests. The individual will present in-depth seminars at regional, state, national, and international conferences on IDEXX BioResearch products and services, and assist in the preparation of technical and educational materials for client distribution.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform evaluation and interpretation of cytological specimens, and in particular bone marrow samples.
* Prepare pathology narrative reports of clinical pathology data within specified deadlines.
* Consult with clients regarding sample collection, sample submissions, and interpretation of clinical pathology test results.
* Provide support for interpretation of treatment-related findings in discovery research, preclinical safety studies and veterinary clinical trials.
* Collaborate with anatomic pathologists in correlating clinical and histopathologic findings on research and safety studies
* Provide scientific and technical advice to laboratory personnel to assure compliance with sample handling and processing procedures and provision of high quality results
* Demonstrate knowledge of early safety assessment testing paradigms and good laboratory practices compliancy
* Design, develop and present in-depth technical seminars at conferences and client meetings.
* Provide scientific expertise at client meetings and trade shows.
* Support development of new laboratory assays and participate in scientific research & development activities with other IDEXX BioResearch Scientists.
* Other duties as assigned.
* DVM required
* Board certification by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP)
* Experience or post-graduate degree in research recommended, PhD desirable
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in a diagnostic research clinical laboratory
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in public speaking
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of clinical pathology, diagnostic and research techniques, and the scientific process.
* Verbal/written/interpersonal communication skills to speak to clients or groups of clients, employees and management.
* Familiarity with current topics and issues in animal-based research.
* Some experience with non-clinical safety/toxicology desirable.
* Must possess a demonstrated service oriented attitude.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Ability to gain in-depth understanding of the technology behind a variety of laboratory tests, including technical specifications.
* Excellent organization and prioritization skills, professional integrity, a solid work ethic.
* High level of self-motivation ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Computer skills, or ability and desire to learn required skills, are necessary.
* Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
* Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate via telephone and in person.
* Weekend hours may be required.
* This position involves potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease and the use of hazardous materials (i.e., xylene).
* Normal laboratory noise level, with occasional moderate noise
IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 5,900 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
IDEXX BIORESEARCH LABORATORIES, a division of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in diagnostic testing for both the veterinary and research market. The division has three laboratory locations. Clinical pathology services are performed in West Sacramento, CA and North Grafton, MA. The home location for this position is in West Sacramento, CA. The laboratory in Columbia, Missouri performs diagnostic and health monitoring services for laboratory animals and biological testing services.
IDEXX attracts, rewards, and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in important biotechnological revolutions. We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
At IDEXX, we reward leadership initiative and excellence. Benefits include:
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Vacation Time
* Sick Days
* Paid Holidays
* Life Insurance/AD&D
* Dependent Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
* Employee Referral Award Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Personal Growth Leave
* Bonus Plan
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES