Clinical Research Administrator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the overall management and coordination of clinical research activities in a specialty area. These responsibilities include the oversight of scheduling study related procedures and study patient appointments, as well as maintaining subject follow-up. Supervisory duties include overseeing the progress of protocols and supervising, planning and prioritizing the work of the Clinical Research Staff, as well as collecting performance metrics and providing feedback on employee performance. The incumbent will play a key roll in maintaining and attracting new research projects and clinical trials to the division.
* Demonstrate and maintain proficient knowledge of a specialty area as they relate to clinical trials, patient care adhering to the principles of human subjects' compliance, IRB processes, regulatory issues, and clinical trials compliance, including the preparation of new IRB applications and follow-up amendments/continuing reviews and presentation of study.
* Manage clinical trials accounts and the distribution of funds as necessary, including the development of study budgets, working with the Clinical Trials Office and/or Research Administrator as appropriate. Develops and implements screening strategies for each trial. Works in cooperation with other departments.
* Acts as a resource to staff; attends laboratory meetings, case conferences, Investigator meetings as indicated.
Participates in the planning, implementation of in-services and education related to the specialty area.
Assesses patient participation on a continuous basis.
* Meet trial enrollment and complement needs and recruitment plan for the clinical trial.
Develops and implements screening strategies for each trial. Provides cross training and cross coverage strategies where necessary.
* Work closely with division leaders (Chief and Director) to recruit and supervise clinical research assistants.
Serve as a research team leader and mentor research staff. * Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
* Completion of CITI training within 6 weeks of hire and recertification every three years thereafter.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf