Clinical Research Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Working under the supervision of a Senior Research Assistant, Manager or Principal Investigator and following established policies and procedures, provides assistance on clinical research studies. Assumes responsibility for the daily execution of assigned projects at McLean Hospital. Responsible for the following activities: recruiting and evaluating patients for studies, collecting and organizing patient data, scheduling patients for study visits, developing and implementing patient recruitment strategies, performing clinical tests such as MRI, psychophysiological recording, data entry and management, maintaining and updating data generated by the study, recommending changes to protocols, scheduling and attending program and study meetings, providing administrative support as needed, assistance with preparation of presentations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal duties may vary over time with grant funding and project demands, and with skill level of other staff assigned to projects.
1. Provides assistance on clinical research studies as per study guidelines and protocols.
2. Maintains regulatory documents, monitors study files, responsible for some data entry and management.
3. Recruits and evaluates potential study participants. Interacts with potential study participants, educating them about the study including the possible risks/benefits, procedural details and significance of the study. Obtains informed consent from potential study participants, tracks consent status using specialized software, maintains study participant records, develops and/or maintains study forms.
4. Responsible for answering study related questions posed via e-mail or phone calls from potential participants and/or the general public, maintains information regarding interested study participants and subjects who decline to participate using specialized software. Refers participants when appropriate to supervisor or clinical staff.
5. Responsible for collecting and maintaining patient information database for study. Administers electronic health information questionnaires to consented study participants, responsible for storage, back up and transfer of data from these questionnaires to a central database. Responsible for accuracy of data entry from paper forms and storage of these forms. Monitors sample collection from consented patients and tracks sample transfer to central repository.
6. Responsible for administering tasks while participants are undergoing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and completing psychophysiological measurement
7. Responsible for mailing various study information or packets to study participants and assists in preparation and shipment of drawn samples.
8. Assists in preparing project presentations, manuscripts, progress reports and human subjects annual reviews/amendments.
9. Monitors and sets up any needed equipment. Maintains inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
10. Assists with the production of patient education material, research newsletters, development of web content and online project communication
11. Ensures on-going data integrity for the project by overseeing data collection and recording, helps ensure fiscal solvency. Performs data analysis and QA/QC data check
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
CLOSING VALUES STATEMENT:
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
1. BA or BS Degree.
2. Must have demonstrated competence in research techniques and methodologies.
3. Must have demonstrated an ability to work independently with careful attention to detail.
* High degree of computer literacy, knowledge of data management programs.
* Ability to work independently with careful attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
* Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
* Must be able to consistently demonstrate McLean Values of integrity, compassion and respect, diversity and teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
* Must possess integrity to maintain confidentiality.
Strong interest and/or experience in neuroimaging or psychophysiology recording preferred.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.