Clinical Research Coord. I 8/30/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Lurie Center for Autism at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, a multidisciplinary program designed to evaluate and treat children, adolescents and adults with a wide variety of developmental disabilities conditions, seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator to assist with the administration of a portfolio of clinical research trials.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision the Centers Administrative Director and principal investigators and research managers he/she will be involved in day-to-day coordination research coordination activities as well as the direct and indirect administration and scoring of psychometric assessments of children, adolescents and adults with autism spectrum and related disorders.
* Assist research team with all facets of subject recruitment including, but not limited to, preparing/submitting print documents, web pages, and other graphics used to create research advertisements and promotional materials,
* Identify and perform subject recruiting via phone screens, medical chart reviews.
* Organize, administer and score direct neuropsychological assessments to pediatric, adolescent and adult patient populations who have developmental disabilities.
* Provide day-to-day organizational and administrative support for clinical trials
* Evaluate subjects for study enrollment, perform informed consent and educate participants and families regarding study protocols.
* Schedule patients, conduct patient visits and process CRFs form study appointments. Review data forms for accuracy, legibility, completeness and ambiguity, organize study files and charts and documents and maintains specific protocol information and communications according to the established guidelines of the Center,
* Assist clinical nursing staff with vital and other procedures as defined by the protocol. Process and ships blood and urine samples according to study and safety protocols.
* Other study related or administrative responsibilities as assigned.
* Assist with formal audits of data
* Assist with regulatory binders and QA/QC procedures
EDUCATION: Specify minimum education and clearly indicate if preferred or required
* A Bachelors degree is required, Masters degree preferred.
* A strong background in psychological assessment, special education or human development preferred.
* Prior research and/or clinical experience working with families with special health care needs strongly preferred
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Work hour flexibility. Some visits start early in the morning (7 am) and/or go until early evening (6 pm). Some visits may involve local travel or involve Saturdays.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task people and schedules. Willingness to learn and perform structured assessments with children, adolescents and adults with autism and their caregivers.
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and computer data entry skills.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.