Clinical Research Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing/overseeing the recruiting, screening and enrolling of patients for participation in multiple clinical trials, ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines. Financial responsibilities including assisting with the grant application process and monitoring expenses for all protocols. Supervisory duties including overseeing the progress of protocols; supervising, planning and prioritizing the work of the Clinical Research Assistants.
* Participates in hiring and training Clinical Research Assistants. Monitors performance of staff. Contributes to annual performance evaluations of staff. Ensures that schedules, follow up and completion of research protocols progress as planned. Works with staff to resolve day-to-day problems.
* Assists in the execution of new IRB applications and processes annual reviews for the IRB committees with regard to consents. May attend IRB meetings as required or address IRB questions regarding the protocols or consent forms. Working with the principal investigator and/or research nurse, submits protocols, amendments, notices, suspensions and terminations to the IRB for review and approval.
* Interacts with patients prior to entering the study and throughout the entire treatment. Discusses and obtains informed consent with patients. Revises protocol consent form to comply with federal, state and IRB guidelines.
* Assesses potential patients' eligibility for inclusion in a particular protocol based on contracts with physicians and nurses and knowledge of the protocol. Checks all eligibility or ineligibility criteria with the patients' medical record. Verifies information with clinical research nurse and/or principal investigator. May enroll patients onto clinical trials.
* Monitors the occurrence of adverse events and reports them according to the guidelines of the FDA, sponsoring drug accompany (if applicable) and the IRB. May interact with sponsors and/or pharmaceutical company representatives. May prepare reports for pharmaceutical company monitors as well as routine audits for the FDA, if applicable.
* Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred in scientific discipline
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Bachelors degree and two years experience in a medical setting and/or clinical research or a Master's Degree and one year experience.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
This position is part of a busy human subjects research group in the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and working within the department research core, this person will work on cardiac anesthesia studies in a variety of topics including postoperative delirium, respiratory failure, and more. In addition, this position is cross-trained on all projects within the core. This person will train and mentor research assistants. Time is spent working on a variety of projects in all stages of completion, from project planning, to study execution, to data cleaning and analysis. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf