Clinical Research Nurse-BSN FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Clinical Research Nurse\-BSN \(FT Days\) Department:
Clinical Res\-Research CRN - - - # Description*
* Clinical Research Nurse \- Full Time Days
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The Clinical Research Nurse is a Registered Nurse \(RN\) who works collaboratively with physicians, Clinical Research Associates \(CRA\) and pharmacists to coordinate care for an assigned population of patients who are enrolled in to IRB clinical research trials\. The RN assists in the assessment, management and coordination of care across the continuum of care \(outpatient, inpatient and home\) including triage of phone calls and proactive patient communication\. The Clinical Research Nurse serves to educate patients and families on the clinical trial treatments and required testing\. The Clinical Research Nurse in collaboration with the CRA is responsible to assure that the documentation for the clinical trial is completed and accurate\.The Clinical Research Nurse actively participates in planning and evaluation processes to improve and advance clinical research within the organization\. The Clinical Research Nurse in Oncology fulfills the role in congruence with Oncology Nursing Society Competency Guidelines for Clinical Research Nurses\. Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
+ Current California RN License, BSN required + Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required\. + Two or more years experience in Medical Oncology\. + Previous experience as a clinical research RN preferred\. + ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification, Human subjects protection training \(can be completed after hire\) + OCN preferred\. + \
* \(Internal Clinical Nurse in Job Code 9082, 9013, or 9014\)*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .