Clinical Research Nurse, Oncology 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY OVERVIEW
Cone Health is a not-for-profit network of health care providers serving people in Guilford, Forsyth, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Caswell and surrounding counties. As one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, more than 75 physician practice sites and multiple centers of excellence.
This position is accountable for the coordination and management of patients who are enrolled into clinical research protocols in various therapeutic areas throughout Cone Health.
* Adheres to standards associated with protection of human subjects, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), regulatory compliance, and protocol compliance.
* Collaborates with internal principal investigators, sub-investigators, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, Institutional Review Board (IRB), IT, and other departments as needed.
* Collaborates with external sponsors, including government research organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations.
* Assess patients for protocol eligibility.
* Accurately analyzes all data for eligibility; documents eligibility review in electronic medical record according to standards.
* Consistently communicates with financial staff for reimbursement clearance; always communicates with physician the outcome of referral; successfully enrolls patients per protocol requirement.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and three years of experience as an RN preferably within Oncology. A valid North Carolina RN license is required. Preferably the qualified candidate will have experience within oncology and clinical trials.