Clinical Research Veterinarian
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 40 years. During that time, 40 million innovative Gore Medical Devices have been implanted, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. Our extensive family of products includes vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia and soft tissue reconstruction, staple line reinforcement materials, and sutures for use in vascular, cardiac, and general surgery. We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will work as part of a fast-paced pre-clinical research and development team to evaluate new medical devices in a surgical/interventional research setting in a facility that is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about providing veterinary services for research that supports development of state-of-the art implantable medical devices
* Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
* Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
* Supporting pre-clinical research by performing medical-device implantation and veterinary clinical care
* Developing new experimental animal models for prototype and commercially available products to optimize surgical/interventional procedures
* Providing a biological relevance of veterinary models to human anatomy and disease states
* Providing pre- and post-operative veterinary care to a variety of species
* Providing preventive care and animal-colony health management
* Collaborating with other veterinarians, project teams, study directors, pathologists, physicians and other disciplines to assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of study results
* Working closely with surgical research technicians, animal technicians and other support staff
* Conducting procedures according to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines
* Participating in training for field sales, product specialists, engineers, and other associates
* Participating in on-call duties
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
* Board certification in veterinary surgery or residency trained veterinary surgeon
* A minimum of 3 years surgical experience in clinical and/or laboratory setting, primarily for large animal species
* Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, leadership/mentorship, and organizational skills
* Skills to communicate with people from a broad range of disciplines in the medical-device field
* Self-motivated individual
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Compassion for animals involved in research
* Emotional capacity and sensitivity to support associates who work in this research environment on a daily basis
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* Current state veterinary license in one state within the U.S. with reasonable expectation to have active license in Arizona
* Experience in laparoscopy, endoscopy and/or endovascular medicine
* Experience in veterinary clinical practice
* Familiarity with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal Welfare Act
* Experience in a GLP-regulated industry
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, veterinarian, veterinary, research, study, development, clinical, pre-clinical, surgical, interventional, radiology, laboratory, animal, implantable, medical, device, preoperative, postoperative, GLP, regulated, laparoscopy, endoscopy, USDA, Animal Welfare Act