Clinical Resource Analyst - Full Time (Night Shift) 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00005-16308
Nights (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 517-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. Our Resource Center has the responsibility of coordinating the staffing and scheduling for nursing departments throughout the LewisGale Regional Health System. Assitionally, the Resource Center is the Control center for patient placement as patients navigate through the health system utilizing ciritcal thinking skills to determin appropriate admission and transfer of patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CLINICAL RESOURCE ANALYST:
* Performs proficiently using the bed management system to assign a patient to departments, constantly monitoring demand with bed availability and staffing.
* Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic, and digital).
* Assures bed assignments made by matching the clinical needs of patients with the bed assignment based on the unit admissions / discharge criteria
* Assists with inpatient clinical staffing for upcoming shifts by reviewing future shifts and planning staff allocation under the direction of the shift administrator.
* Completes changes in facility scheduler for staff regarding floating activities, cancellation, or call ins. Documents appropriately each shift in scheduler.
* Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
* Stays abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
* Adheres to hospital and unit policies
REQUIRED LICENSURE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
BLS, Basic Life Support Certification from one of the following:
1. American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider
2. The Military Training Network (MTN) BLS for Healthcare Provider
3. American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers
4. American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) G2010 CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer
* Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization
* Member of a national professional nursing organization
Last Edited: 08/18/2016