Clinical Respiratory Coord
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 7/19/2017
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Clinical Respiratory Coordinator is responsible for evaluating and overseeing clinical practices within the department, working collaboratively with manager, staff, physicians, and other departments to maintain patient care excellence and compliance. Assists the Respiratory Manager in administrative functions and assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Respiratory Care Manager as delegated or in the case of absence. Acts as a mentor, facilitator, coach, and clinical/supervisory resource.
* Emergency department experience
* 3 years experience in acute care hospital setting to include adult, pediatric, and neonatal critical care and relief supervisory experience
* Must possess leadership skills including communication, organizational skills, time management, coping skills, motivation, problem solving, autonomy, and supporting the team
* Two years or more experience as a NICU Level III transport therapist Regulatory, leadership and/or teaching experience a plus
* Completion of asthma education course preferred
* Training in lab quality standards and blood gas instrument troubleshooting preferred
* Graduate from an accredited school of respiratory therapy
* Illinois State License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
* NBRC RRT
Certifications/Licensure: ACLS within 6 months of hire, BLS, NRP, PALS, LIC RCP, REG RRT