Clinical Services Specialist - RN (Roanoke, VA)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Clinical Services Specialist - RN (Roanoke, VA)
Commonwealth Care of Roanoke, Inc. (CCR, Inc.) has a career opportunity for a dynamic RN Clinical Services Specialist to implement and evaluate effectiveness of policies and procedures for clinical services to assigned CCR centers. This position supports the centers in our southwest Virginia region. This position is multi-faceted and crosses into several important areas of the organization that requires frequent visits to assigned centers.
CCR, Inc. manages twelve health and rehabilitation centers across the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our centers provide a resident-centered, customer service approach to care by qualified staff that values quality and commits to compliance and higher standards. Our goal is simple: to use innovative techniques and creative thinking to provide more efficient and effective treatments. We have worked to create a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere, whether people come for short-term rehab or long-term care. We are doing more than just challenging the status quo - We are changing lives!
Successful service excellence candidates will have the following qualifications and ability to:
* Implements and evaluates effectiveness of policies and procedures for clinical services through routine visits to facilities, education, observation and discussion with facility staff.
* Provides weekly updates related to facility visits, remote medical record reviews and communication with center staff to the Senior Clinical Services Specialists and Chief Clinical Officer.
* Communicates in person with center-specific Administrator, Director of Nursing and other appropriate department managers on the outcome of each center visit and provides a written synopsis of the visit to the Senior Clinical Services Specialists and the Chief Clinical Officer. Collaborates with center staff to develop an action plan to address identified opportunities for improvement.
* Performs corporate quality assurance surveys (Clinical Audits) in each center as directed by the Senior Clinical Services Specialists or Chief Clinical Officer.
* Monitors Service Excellence activities and any Service Concerns generated. Schedules attendance at center-based Quality Assurance meetings and attends at least quarterly.
* Monitors center QI/QM and 5 STAR results and works with center staff to improve quality of care through these measures, including by remote electronic medical record review.
* Reviews center-specific results for My Innerview (MIV) and Relias Learning to further determine focus for site visits. Assists Center Leadership in developing plans of action to improve outcomes.
* Assists the assigned centers in assuring compliance with regulations relating to MDS and Care Plans and communicates opportunities for improvement with the Senior Clinical Services Specialists, the Chief Clinical Officer and the Corporate RAI Director.
* Assists the centers in assuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to clinical services. Provides support to the center staff before, during, and after regulatory surveys.
* Assists centers in the development of a plan of correction (POC) to address deficiencies cited during federal, state, and local inspections and internal audits. Provides assistance to the center administrative staff in the presentation of the POC to the Chief Clinical Officer and the appropriate Directors of Operations. Provides POC allegation of compliance and audit oversight and reports findings to the Chief Clinical Officer.
* Assists the organization and the assigned centers in monitoring and developing new systems to improve quality of care and life for patients and residents.
* Develops nursing leadership through on-going training and provides orientation to new Directors of Nursing, Assistant Directors of Nursing, and other members of the nursing administrative team. Assesses and recommends center-specific training development opportunities to the Senior Clinical Services Specialists and the Chief Clinical Officer.
* Provides regular on-site and remote support and guidance to the Directors of Nursing as they face the challenges of performing their daily tasks including clinical, financial, and human resource management.
* Provides technical assistance to direct care staff as needed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical services.
* Provides technical assistance to direct care staff as needed in the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) system. Assists Nursing Administration in the monitoring of clinical activities and related documentation through management programs available in the EMR.
* Provides education and guidance to clinical staff before, during and after start-up of new facilities including policies and procedures, orienting of clinical staff related to EMR software, use of equipment and supplies and facility set up.
* Flexibility in scheduling and ability to travel is required.
* Promote and demonstrate a Service Excellence culture.
* Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Come be a part of a team that is driven by our mission to provide a peace of mind to those we care for: our patients, residents, families and staff. Be part of a Service Excellence culture!
Drug Free & EOE
* Current RN state nurse licensure in good standing with the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
* A minimum of three years current experience in long-term care, with experience as a Nursing Administrator.
* Experience in implementation of federal and state regulations as related to long-term care and services.
* Experience in Quality Assurance activities.
* Knowledge of the MDS/Care Planning Process.
* Demonstrated good customer service and leadership skills.
* Ability and desire to travel extensively between assigned centers.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent clinical, customer service, communication and leadership skills.
* Must be flexible, detail-oriented and be able to make effective decisions and work as part of a service excellence team.