Clinical Services Technologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Cancer Genetics, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONCancer Genetics, Inc. (CGI) is an emerging leader in the field of personalized medicine, offering diagnostic products and services that enable precision medicine in the field of oncology.
We believe our employees are the key to delivering on our promise, and fulfilling our mission in the marketplace. Developing a diverse, collaborative, inclusive and dynamic workplace is core to attracting and retaining people who want to innovate in diagnostics, make a difference in patient outcomes and make oncology their life's work.
This opportunity involves a key technical role in high complexity genetic analysis laboratory. Primary focus is the processing of biopharma client samples using a wide variety of genomics platforms, including Sanger sequencing, NGS, real-time PCR, manual and automated nucleic acid purification, and microarray analysis in a regulated environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs routine and non-routine intermediate to high complexity molecular assays in a GCLP and CLIA regulated environment
* Opportunity to work with Affymetrix, ThermoFisher and Illumina NGS instruments, ABI Sanger sequencing and real-time PCR platforms, gel-based assays
* Makes detailed observations and analyzes data and interprets results.
* Assists in identifying and troubleshooting discrepancies and quality control failures.
* Assists in the validation of new assays.
* Assists in the writing and editing of standard operating procedures, material requirements documents, and other essential documentation.
* Performs DNA purification, quantitation, and gel electrophoresis of routine and non-routine client samples.
* Performs RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and total RNA quality analysis from a variety of specimen types, including FFPE tumor samples.