Clinical Social Worker - Part Time - Grand Blanc
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
Reverence Home Health and Hospice
Grand Blanc, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONReverence Home Health and Hospice, an Ascension Health at Home Company,
has an immediate opening for a
Clinical Social Worker in the Genessee County Area.
Primary function is to provide coordinated care in the home to clients of all age groups and perform psychosocial assessments, analysis, counseling, and referrals to meet the needs of the patient/family
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency, i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
* Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
* Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
* Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
* Evaluates and assesses home health patients to identify psychosocial (counseling/intervention), financial, environmental, and community needs to include the POC, documentation, clinical records (clinical and progress notes), case conferences, and community resource referrals. Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Social Work
* Current state license as a Social Worker
* Valid Driver's License
* Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
* One year experience as an SW in a health care agency
Knowledge and Skills:
* Working knowledge of community resources