Clinical Social Worker, Per Diem - Cancer Center - Social Work (CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2 PD) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Clinical Social Worker, Per Diem - Cancer Center - Social Work (CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2 PD)
8 ; 20%
Cancer Cntr-Social Work
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Clinical Social Worker Per Diem s primary responsibilities are psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, consultation, education, community linkages and supportive services for identified patients, families and staff. The Clinical Social Worker Per Diem (MSW) coordinates resources and services in response to individual patient s psychosocial needs and fiscal realities. The MSW is an active member of the interdisciplinary team contributing to team goal setting, ensuring appropriate utilization of resources. The MSW acts as a consultant to the clinical team, service lines and other departments and participates in program development and quality improvement initiatives.
The MSW provides age-appropriate assessments, interpretation of data, and delivery of interventions. Demonstrates the ability to work with any patient regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, cultural beliefs, lifestyle, disease process or treatment plan.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Minimum of three years experience in a health setting, preferably with cancer patients
* Master s degree from a CSWE accredited school of Social Work
* Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
* Demonstrated clinical experience utilizing skills in individual, family and group interventions
* Knowledge of issues of access to health care and disability benefits
* Demonstrates resourcefulness, effective written and oral communication, diplomacy, organizational and analytic skills
* Self-directed, assertive and creative in problem solving, systems planning and patient care management in a high volume and complex work environment
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Bilingual in Spanish, Russian or Cantonese
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page