Clinical Supervisor - Home Health - ReqCode 1056362
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more! WILLCARE is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
The Clinical Supervisor is responsible to ensure that the overall coordination of home health services provided to all patients is delivered according to acceptable standards of practice. The Clinical Field Supervisor is responsible to contribute to the overall company success by effectively facilitating the relationship between referral sources, patients, caregivers and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* In the absence of a regional Referral Intake department, responsible for referral intake and management to ensure that patients meet admission criteria and that the initiation of services is timely, per Agency Policies and Procedures.
* Verify benefits for all patients and obtain authorization for services on all non-Medicare patients.
* Conduct case conferences with multidisciplinary team members at SOC, ROC, Recertification/Discharge decisions and as needed based on patient needs.
* Enter case conference coordination notes within 48 hours of the case conference meeting.
* Assure that physicians orders are obtained for continued or add-on service provision.
* Develop, mentor, and educate Clinicians to ensure competency.
* Identify clinician learning needs and collaborate with Staff Development and PI Nurses in the development of education and training to meet those needs.
* Actively participate in Branch PI initiatives to ensure ongoing performance improvement.
* Review and complete all assigned tasks as they appear on the action screen. Follow-up with clinician as necessary to complete task and obtain clarification or correction as indicated.
* Review visit calendars to ensure appropriate utilization of services and the assignment of service codes. Review the patient's plan of care to ensure it is individualized, appropriate, and adheres to the Healing Pathway recommended frequency
* Collaborate with medical records to ensure receipt of all orders and Face-to-Face documentation within established timeframes.
* Enter detailed non-admit information into the clinical record if no visit was made. Ensure the Director of Patient Services approved the non-admission.
* Review and process vital sign alert reports. Document action, any follow-up and physician notification.
* Review and process all wound score deviations documenting any action and / or follow up.
* Review and follow up on entitlement verification issues. Document action in the coordination notes.
* Ensure generation of monthly on-call schedule and review on-call log on a daily basis.
* Review on-call coordination notes reports every Monday.
* Follow up on identified deficiencies related to the billing claims audit within 24 hours following receipt of the Billing Claims Held Reports.
* Review the Notification of Missed Visits report and submit weekly to physicians.
* Act as a backup for the Scheduling Coordinator in rescheduling missed and declined visits and processing reassigned and rescheduled requests to ensure timely completion of these tasks.
* Work collaboratively with the Performance Improvement Nurse to ensure optimal patient care, inclusive of utilization management and outcomes.
* Ensure all clinical documentation is completed for all patients in a timely manner.
* In the absence of an Office Manager, review and approve non-visit activity daily to ensure timeliness of payroll processing and management of employee activity.
* Approve weekly schedules and ensure productivity standards are met for full time and part time employees.
* Optimize efficiency by ensuring that Clinician caseloads and productivity are at benchmark
* In the absence of a Performance Improvement Nurse:
* Ensure that the patient's plan of care adheres to the Standards of Practice and recommended frequency of the Healing Pathways, executed as written and reassessed by the appropriate health care professional when there is a significant health status change in the patient's condition, at the physician's request and after hospital discharge.
* Ensure appropriate documentation is completed for all patients transferred to an inpatient facility.
* Complete review of evaluation packets, OASIS and 485s.
* Review both the data submitted via the Mobile Device and via paper to ensure accuracy and follow up on any documentation that requires correction.
* Process the OASIS and 485s, verify the correct start of care date and episode date range in the clinical record.
* Process any unlisted supplies, medications, activity,functional limitations, allergies, etc. that appear on the action screen.
* Follow up on OASIS Assessments that cannot be processed due to licensed professional documentation deficiencies.
* Review infection control reports for all patients. Provides all follow up related to infection control reports (both patient and employee) and process these reports in clinical documentation system.
* Review occurrence reports.
* Provide all follow up related to occurrence reports and processes in clinical documentation system and ensure clinical managers and supervisors are reviewing for their teams.
* Perform a minimum of 12-15 Supervisory field visits per month to ensure clinician competency and appropriateness of patient care.
* Ensure compliance with annual evaluation and corresponding supervisory visit for assigned clinicians, and work collaboratively with the Office Manager to ensure all annual compliance requirements are achieved.
* May be required to serve on Agency wide committees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of WILLCARE's Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adhere to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Take initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company.
* Exhibits commitment to personal and companywide goals.
* Participate in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness.
* Approach everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Place needs of the patient first at all times. ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button