Clinical Supervisor, Hospice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
San Antonio, TX
JOB TITLE: Clinical Supervisor Hospice
JOB CODE: 7008
DATE ESTABLISHED: 10/01
DATE REVISED: 5/10
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides oversight for clinical services, assuring quality care, compliance with Agency policies, state and federal guidelines, and standards of care.
III. KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight of routine departmental functions which includes assessment of staff resources and productivity, assuring appropriate care is provided based on specific patient needs and staff abilities, maximizing referral acceptance. Assists in determining proper utilization of service, supplies, and equipment. Monitors accuracy of documentation and compliance with data entry deadlines, identifies problems and initiates resolution. Participates in complaint resolution.
- Ongoing responsibilities include evaluation of staff performance, assuring standards of care are established and maintained. Establishes and monitors work improvement plans as needed. Assists staff in determining need for changes to the patient's plan of care based on information obtained from supportive services and equipment.
- Effectively serves as a leader and knowledgeable resource for staff. Acts as Agency representative with physicians, payor sources, and management.
- Collaborates inter/intra-departmentally to ensure patients receive appropriate care. Assists as needed with clarification required for billing and claim denials.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of trends in professional practice, Agency policies, state and federal guidelines, and CHAPS standards. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assists in analyzing outcomes, reports, identifying problems and determining appropriate corrective actions.
- Provides/arranges for educational activities as indicated. Assists staff in utilization of patient-specific disease management models.
Director of Adult Clinical Services
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum two (2) years of home care nursing experience; one (1) year management / supervisory experience required.
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or in accordance with the requirements for multi-state licensing, the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC). CPR Certification. Current Texas driver's license, current automobile liability insurance and adequate transportation.
Effective communication; must be knowledgeable of accepted standards of practice and be able to assist staff in application to clinical situations; effective problem solving abilities. Public speaking may be required occasionally. Spanish-speaking desirable. Requires use of office equipment, pager. Computer literacy desirable.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
When at the Corporate office, works in offices, which are clean, well lit, and air-conditioned. Long and irregular work hours consisting of sustained periods of pressure and intense concentration are considered normal. Work may also involve exposure to pleasant and unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements. May involve exposure to a variety of components that are potentially hazardous or harmful and requires precautions for protection from injury or illness. May occasionally involve exposure to harsh weather and hazardous driving conditions.
Must be knowledgeable of applicable Agency policies, procedures, and organizational structure; must adhere to the policy on Code of Ethical Behavior and the Agency Compliance Plan; must work well with all levels of Associates; must be able to remain calm in the face of irate Clients; and most importantly, must DEMONSTRATE THE CORE VALUES AT ALL TIMES. Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee implied or otherwise.