Clinical Systems Project Manager - IT-Project Mgmt Office (TCHL PROJECT MGT PROFL 4) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Clinical Systems Project Manager - IT-Project Mgmt Office (TCHL PROJECT MGT PROFL 4)
Finance & I.T.
40 ; 100%
IT-Project Mgmt Office
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF Health invests more than $25M annually in capital and operating dollars on projects requiring Information Technology and Clinical Systems (IT/CS) resources to implement.
Project types include: Clinical Research, Organizational Strategy/Goals, Patient Safety, Patient Satisfier, Productivity, Regulatory/Compliance, ROI (Cost Reduction/Cost Savings), and IT/CS Service Continuity (upgrades/refreshes).
Applies advanced technical project management frameworks and methods and campus, medical center or Office of the President objectives to resolve highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Determines methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Manages projects of broad and diverse scope, size, impact, budget and / or project team size, with considerable impact to the organization.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Minimum seven years of project management experience
* Minimum two years of experience working in Health Care Industry
* Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
* Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives
* Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies
* Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks
* Excellent logic, verbal and analytical skills
* Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques
* Ability to work outside of office hours
* Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments
* Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress. Demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills. Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
* Experience leading a team of technology professionals
* Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines. Understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* PMI Certification
* People Management Experience
* Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page