This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
The Closing Specialist is responsible for performing all aspects of a loan closing which includes document preparation, coordination of closings with Closing Agents, and final settlement of the loan meeting all time constraints.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Perform audits of key criteria to ensure the documents will be prepared correctly
* Responsible for contacting the closing agent and confirming e-mail addresses, wiring instructions and disbursement dates
* Responsible for preparing the final Closing Disclosure and balancing with the Closing Agent and sending final closing package to agent.
* Prepare wire requests
* Review documents prior to giving authorization for funds to be released to Seller
* Interact with other internal departments and Loan Officers in the field to handle any package changes and analyze investor requests and suspenses.
* Works with title agents and attorneys involved in the loan settlement to ensure a smooth mortgage transaction.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Mortgage experience in a processing or closing position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must have excellent communication skills in order to effectively communicate with title agents, closing attorneys and internal team players
* Must have excellent customer service skills (both verbal and written)
* Must be accurate and detail oriented
* Must show good judgment and decision making abilities
* Must have basic accounting skills to balance wire disbursements
* Must have good time management and organizational skills
* Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-pace, high volume, market driven work environment, while remaining motivated and focused completing repetitive, yet business critical tasks
* Must be flexible to assist with additional projects that are introduced based on the needs of the department
* Must be dependable and work well under pressure
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must meet PHH Corporation s Background Screening Guidelines
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
* Must be able to operate in a WINDOWS environment
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required
* Previous experience with Encompass helpful
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Candidates should be open to flexible scheduling options and ability to adapt/change as needed
* This may include the ability to work additional hours or alternative shift in order to meet business needs and essential functions of the job
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status