Cloud Architect / Technical Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: CLOUD ARCHITECT / TECHNICAL ARCHITECT
LOCATION: Columbus, OH 43219
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* 30% of Total Work Effort: Technical Architecture skills leveraging Cloud services and COTS products for different business problems: SalesForce, Azure, Amazon AWS
* 30% of Total Work Effort: Technical analysis to analyze a business problem, market analysis of cloud based solutions
* 30% of Total Work Effort: Technical writing leveraging Visio, Rational SystemArchitect, Sharepoint, Avolution, PowerPoint, Word
* 10% of Total Work Effort: Troubleshooting Architectural guidance to cloud level issues
* JFS is building an architecture practice. This role is to provide solutions to the business problems while leveraging application and technology standards. JFS OIS supports multiple business units. OIS have 70-100 active projects at any given time. This is role to provide architectural guidance to new projects and ensure the current projects follow the JFS technical and application standards.
* Conduct Proof of Concepts and operationalize new technology and application standards.
* OIS is embarking on new cloud based projects in Unemployment Compensation and other areas.
* This role will be working with business strategists/process owners/SMEs comprise of Business Unit managers across Health and Human Services, Unemployment Compensation and various admin areas like Finance. SMEs are within OIS at various roles eg: Application Development managers/leads, Requirements teams, Client Partners, Operations leads. The Senior Architect role will be primarily aligned to one of the Business Units while providing backup support to others.
* Solution Architecture experience for projects that span multiple technologies, primarily Force.com, Java and .Net while interfacing with data from various sources including Mainframe based solutions. Project size needs to be anywhere from 2 member teams to 30 member teams. A thorough understanding of all the steps in an SDLC process and ability to dig in provide an architectural solution/guidance to the team at various stages of SDLC is required. Primary focus in one of the areas (Java or .Net) while interfacing with multiple vendor products like IBM, Microsoft and others.
* JFS has a portfolio of 150+ applications spanning multiple technologies and versions. Candidate is expected to work in multiple areas. Expertise in one area, while interfacing with multiple applications/technologies is required. JFS has embarked on Cloud based solutions. Experience in leveraging cloud solutions is highly preferred. Eg: Saleforce.com Azure
* When a project delay occurs, the candidate is expected to 'jump in', figure out if the delay is an architectural level issue and provide alternate architectural solution to get the project back on track. The issues may be in interfacing with a packaged solution from various vendors, architectural design issues, performance issues etc.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
* Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
* Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
* Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
* "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
* Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Design and lead the implementation of an ESA based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies.
* Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring ESA compliance.
* Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the ESA).
* Coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
* Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the ESA.
* Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
* Work closely with the enterprise program management office (EPMO) or project office to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered