Cloud Software Engineering Manager 9/2/2016
Hansell Tierney on behalf of our Client
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HANSELL TIERNEY is helping our client, a leader in network security and threat management, with a direct hire/FTE search for a Cloud Software Engineering Manager.
CLOUD SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
LOCATION: Downtown Seattle (Local candidates only)
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Client is looking for a Cloud Software Engineering Manager to help guide a team building a new software as a service product. As a manager of the Seattle SAAS development team you will lead the development of billing, big data and IOT solutions on AWS. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing a new product that provides customers more network visibility as well as configuration and management of devices. Hire, coach and develop software engineers to help them excel at delivering scalable, secure and resilient systems. Join our team and surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems in a fun work environment.
Being smart is a given. What we are really looking for is a collaborative, highly driven, solutions oriented technical pro that has the ability to see problems before they happen and proactively fix things. Communication across multiple locations, time zones and teams is an important skill. Most importantly the ideal candidate just gets things done focusing on top priorities for the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
* 10+ years of software engineering experience
* Experience leading a teams of five or more people
* AWS, CloudFormation, use of CI/CD systems
* REST, Docker, containers, microservices
* Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
* Outstanding oral/written communication skills
* Experience with Angular, Go and/or Python is preferred
* Experience building security or financial systems
* SQL and database design
THE FOLLOWING SKILL SETS ARE A PLUS:
* C programming and/or embedded systems
* SAAS system experience
* Networking knowledge
* NoSQL, RedShift, DynamoDB