Cloud Solutions Architect 8/27/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hi,
We have an urgent opening for a CLOUD SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT. This is a CONTRACT position based in SAN FRANCISCO, CA.
POSITION : Cloud Solutions Architect
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DURATION: 12+ Months
JOB DESCRIPTION :
1. Ownership of the creation and configuration of technology delivery environments for services stack and the processes to transition from development, configuration into scalable targets using CD/CI tools and methodologies in real time.
2. Responsible for integration of ServiceNow and JIRA with the services stack to automate issue resolution
3. Ownership of cloud infrastructure to support all services and integration with API management tools.
4. Present architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization. Build cloud optimized reference architecture and contribute to architecture governance. Evaluate various private, public cloud technologies and tools for technical, functional, integrative and financial feasibility to support ongoing and future operations at scale.
5. Drive proof of concepts (POCs) to determine the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to the business and technology leadership how technology can be leveraged towards an advantage.
1. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other compatible credential.
2. Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience architecting solutions for the Cloud in the following areas Virtualization, OpenStack, AWS, PaaS, IaaS, Jenkins, Maven, Salt, Ansible, Chef, Linux, REST APIs, Git.
3. Must have a minimum of 2 years hands on experience delivering solutions using any of the following: OpenShift, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
4. Must have minimum 7+ recent years' experience performing solution architecture, developing, choreographing, designing and orchestrating service driven solutions for the cloud in fast paced environments.
5. Experience building and configuring elastically scalable, fault tolerant cloud architecture patterns.
6. Experience migrating legacy applications to a service oriented, cloud optimized architecture in a large IT organization.
7. Ability to build and deliver hands-on technology proof of concepts, demonstrations and minimally viable products to support solution development and delivery teams.
8. Experience with RFP and solution procurement processes including evaluating technologies and working with vendors for technology selection and implementation.
9. Solid experience in OpenStack, vSphere, KVM and Hyper-V, cloud management technologies, OpenShift, AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, Docker and other containerization/PaaS technologies and tools as well as various cloud delivery models.
10. Solid understanding of various private, public, and hybrid cloud models, continuous integration or delivery as a service, DevOps and distributed computing.
11. A proactive and entrepreneurial working style and strong ability to work without direction with breakthrough thinking, influencing and execution capabilities.
12. Strong leadership, planning, execution, presentation, negotiation and multi-tasking skills--must be able to lead, review and execute multiple strategic projects.
13. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills for various audiences, both business and technical.