Cloud Systems Engineer - Internship 9/16/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for your ideas to change the health and human services community, as well as improve the lives of millions yearly* Netsmart is innovating rapidly, building solutions that break down the barriers between health and human services providers, academia, research organizations, partners, and consumers. Being a Netsmart Solutionary means being a part of a cutting-edge, fast-growing, dynamic team pushing the boundaries of healthcare.
Ignite your career with us today!
At Netsmart our internship program is called our "FUTURES Program" because we truly believe that you are our FUTURE. This program will be a 10 week program based at the Netsmart Solutionarium in Overland Park, Kansas. The FUTURES Program includes a balance between on the job learning, hands on client based work, professional development opportunities, leadership exposure and several social/networking events throughout the summer. If you aren't local to the Kansas City metro are we will have housing options for you available (certain criteria will have to be met in order to qualify for housing).
FUTURES experience what makes growing a career at Netsmart special .building relationships, understanding the industry, in depth exposure to life changing technologies and connecting with a cause all in an environment that breeds creativity and collaboration.
The Systems Engineer will be primarily engaged in designing and implementing enterprise IT server platform solutions centered on Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems, VMware platforms, backup of VMware Virtual environments, file shares, SAN/LUN based databases, NDMP, and general storage management. The engineer is required to install and configure the hardware, software and effectively integrate the systems with the customer s environment including networking, server hardware, and directory integration. We re looking for those with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* BA/BS degree in computer science, IS, or IT
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and well spoken
* Knowledge with server operating systems: Windows, Linux, or Unix, performing administration, server builds and/or patching
* Ability to understand how a complex network and storage environment containing SAN, clustering, load balancing, multi-site VPNs, network IDS, and firewalls affects assigned tasks
* Ability to troubleshoot Windows, Linux, and/or Unix scripts, applications or utilities to support internal environmental needs
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, Facebook or Twitter account.