Cloud Systems Engineer 9/16/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for your ideas to change the health and human services community, as well as improve the lives of millions yearly* Netsmart is innovating rapidly, building solutions that break down the barriers between health and human services providers, academia, research organizations, partners, and consumers. Being a Netsmart Solutionary means being a part of a cutting-edge, fast-growing, dynamic team pushing the boundaries of healthcare.
Ignite your career with us today!
The Systems Engineer will be primarily engaged in designing and implementing enterprise IT server platform solutions centered on Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems, VMware platforms, backup of VMware Virtual environments, file shares, SAN/LUN based databases, NDMP, and general storage management. The engineer is required to install and configure the hardware, software and effectively integrate the systems with the customer s environment including networking, server hardware, and directory integration. We re looking for those with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* BA/BS degree in computer science, IS, or IT
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and well spoken
* Knowledge with server operating systems: Windows, Linux, or Unix, performing administration, server builds and/or patching
* Ability to understand how a complex network and storage environment containing SAN, clustering, load balancing, multi-site VPNs, network IDS, and firewalls affects assigned tasks
* Ability to troubleshoot Windows, Linux, and/or Unix scripts, applications or utilities to support internal environmental needs
At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care. To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, Facebook or Twitter account.