Cloud Technologist 8/18/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Cloud Technologist has a proven ability to architect, design, develop and implement highly automated solutions. This is a new role intended to fuel and drive future technology growth and innovation. This person should have a deep knowledge of current technology trends, best practices as well as a vision for the future. Ideal candidates will have a history of transformational and lateral thinking and ability to influence change. This role will determine and execute our Cloud strategy by leveraging a mix of Cloud products and using automation to streamline processes that deliver services to the Enterprise. As a technical leader, this person is able to balance driving transformation/innovation while managing relationships with other IT leaders. This role will include a heavy focus on partnering with other teams to refactor existing applications that are primarily java based to become cloud-native. We only hire swiss army knives and we want people who can solve challenging problems.
* Design/Architect continuous integration/deployment pipeline utilizing various technologies.
* Execute application architecture through working with delivery teams to enable the efficient and optimal use of ESI s technology assets, ensuring adherence to ESI s IT Strategy, Guidelines and Architecture Transformation.
* Provide in-depth technical consultation to business partners and IT management/development to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies
* Installation and development of workflows and decision trees for Integration and automation in the cloud based solutions
* Responsible for large-scale implementations and transformations through managing multiple stakeholders at all levels (business, technical and regulatory); understands and addresses organizational barriers.
* Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts.
* Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to support of the cloud stack environment
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
* Proven track record of developing a strategy and architecture framework in both digital and data domains.
* Bachelor s Degree Required
* Extensive knowledge about APIs. RESTful services that integrate with other data providers.
* 10 - 14 years of relevant work experience
* Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools such as Cloud Foundry, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks and BOSH.
* A commitment to best practices. Input on operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists.
* Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting required
* 8 years experience in software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop
* Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
* Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Concourse, GoCD, CircleCI, Artifactory and Github/Gitlab
* Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle and Bundler
* Understanding of agile software delivery principles
* Excellent communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
* Broad understanding of industry trends across software development/architecture, cloud operating platforms and data
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.