Cloud or SaaS Services Administrator
Twisted Pair Solutions - Seattle, WAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Twisted Pair Solution... Twisted Pair Solutions
- Seattle, WA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Cloud / SaaS Services Administrator
Location: Seattle, WA
Twisted Pair Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Cloud / SaaS Services Administrator to join our team in Seattle, WA. Twisted Pair Solutions is the recognized leader in critical communications solutions for secure, real-time collaboration anywhere on any device. Our integrated communication and collaboration capabilities are available to our customer as on-premise implementations and cloud-based. WAVE® Connections is a unique Software as a Service (SaaS) communications solution that provides immediate communications services to mobile workers regardless of their device, connection or location. In this critical role you will be administering our cloud-based WAVE® Connections hosted mobile communications service and supporting users of WAVE® Connections.
The Cloud / SaaS Services Administrator is responsible for managing and evolving Twisted Pair’s WAVE Connections service and functions to ensure technical operational success. In this position you will be responsible for deploying, configuring, maintaining and trouble-shooting our WAVE® Connections communications service running in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment. You will be a catalyst for helping customers onboard and provision their WAVE Connections service. In addition, you will be collaborating with the engineering, product and marketing teams to drive service and product improvements based on system performance requirements, business drivers and customer feedback. You must be able to come up to speed rapidly on our technology and products and bring strong technical knowledge and a customer-focused communications style to this critical position. You will be called on to provide remote second and third tier support to our customers as the need arises.
We are looking for a high-energy, forward-thinking person who has verifiable skills in managing hosted / cloud-based technology, preferably in AWS, and a proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide range of audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position reports to the Director of WAVE Connections and also will collaborate with the technical support team headed by our Director of Global Systems Engineering. You will be focused on configuring, maintaining and managing our WAVE Connections hosted service offering and for assisting customers with issues regarding provisioning and service functionality. Key responsibilities include:
· Manage release, provisioning and deployment of WAVE Connections service on AWS.
· Implement operational tools including deployment, provisioning, monitoring and performance measurement tools.
· Develop and implement technology and security policies and procedures. Create business continuity and disaster recovery architecture, design and documentation.
· Oversee cloud production environment, service release/deployment, system performance, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, scalability and other non-functional elements.
· Continually strive to automate and streamline operations and maintenance processes by identifying areas of improvement, implementing tools to measure and monitor performance, writing scripts and creating documentation.
· Maintain a strategic customer focus –develop positive customer relationships. Use your excellent communication skills to ensure that any technical problems that arise with a customer’s service are resolved in a timely fashion to their complete satisfaction.
· Investigate and develop fixes for common problems. Escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
· Document all customer issues including problem, resolution and time to fix.
We are that rare company you’ve been seeking: an early stage software company with genuine sales, growth, funding, and disruptive products. We’re busy, but we all have lives and we’re not a burnout shop. We hire the best people and treat them well.
Twisted Pair offers a competitive salary with stock options. We also offer a 401K, flexible spending accounts, medical, dental and vision coverage. We have pop in the fridge, a high-end coffee robot and a view deck with a barbeque on the Seattle waterfront.
About Twisted Pair
Twisted Pair is the recognized leader in critical communications. Our WAVE software empowers mobile workforces with critical communication applications for secure, real-time collaboration anywhere on any device. Built on a battle-tested communications interoperability platform, WAVE delivers voice, video, location, presence and other forms of data deployed as an enterprise product or cloud-based service throughout commercial, public sector and defense organizations. WAVE has been proven in thousands of the most complex deployments around the world to help integrate and manage a truly unified communications system so that office-based and mobile workers can simply talk, make decisions and act.
For more on WAVE view our video: http://go.twistpair.com/l/7872/2012-01-24/9wx66
Equal Employment Policies
Twisted Pair Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment in violation of law, including, but not limited to on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reduction in force, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment.
How To Apply
Please prepare your resume in Word, PDF, or Text format. Include your cover letter and compensation requirements in the body of your email message and submit to the address shown below. We will contact you if your skills and experience meet our business requirements.
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, HTML, or ASCII text format. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Contact Us: 83498-JBfirstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum 5 years of computer systems experience.
Minimum 2+ years’ experience managing SaaS operations spanning set-up, configuration, management and system administration of hosted software services, preferably in the AWS environment.
Demonstrated expertise managing hosted software services with RightScale or similar SaaS management platform.
2+ years’ experience in and around core SaaS infrastructure, specifically datacenters, networking equipment (e.g., Cisco, Citrix), Windows and Linux servers, connectivity, load balancing, failover, back-ups, etc.
Experience writing scripts with common scripting languages (Python, Perl, shell, batch, etc.).
· Experience with mobile communications technology, software applications and services a plus.
· Strong people skills with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ability to collaborate seamlessly across functional lines.
· Creative, energetic, assertive self-starter.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.