Co-Op-Buyer - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Co-Op-Buyer - Kohler, WI
We are seeking to hire Co-Op - Buyers to be located in Kohler, Wisconsin.
Are you a student studying Supply Chain Management, Business, or Logistics and looking for a 2017 Co-Op or Summer Internship with a global consumer products company? Are you someone who thrives in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to architect solutions to challenging problems? Join an exciting procurement team where your ideas, hard work ethic, and collaborative work are appreciated and recognized - and where you get to see the results of our work in consumer's everyday lives.
Consider joining the Kohler team as a Co-Op - Buyer as you begin your career as a procurement professional. The Kohler Supply Chain/Global Procurement organization is recognized as a Global Supply Chain leader in the industry. This is occurring through a Shared Supply Chain model that is customer-centric, date-driven, and time-compressed. As a member of the Kohler team, you are responsible for helping develop the company's supply strategy; identifying and securing a world-class supply base; and ensuring a continuous supply of quality products and services. Under the functional guidance of the Manager-Purchasing, you will perform procurement activities for Strategic Sourcing and/or New Product Development projects. Assist in the purchasing and negotiating of materials, equipment, and/or services from suppliers. Assist in the preparation of supplier quotations and services to determine most competitive solution based upon a total cost of ownership.
* Support the Manager-Purchasing in the evaluation and purchase of goods and services at a competitive cost for assigned facilities and/or spend category(ies). Receive and review requisitions from approved suppliers.
* Actively participate in the RFx/acquisition process to secure goods/services in the assigned area of spend to ensure competitiveness and to limit risk of Kohler: Under supervision, assist in the contract negotiation process with suppliers of relatively small purchases of low currency value.
* Visit facilities as a team member to conduct supplier assessments with respect to business practices, quality of operations, and opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Support resolution of warranty, payment and service issues with suppliers. Maintain supplier performance data for periodic internal/external review and initiate corrective action.
* Assist in maintaining required records such as quotes and price lists, blanket order file, supplier correspondence and supplier performance data.
* Review engineering notifications and drawings covering areas of responsibilities.
* In process of obtaining Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Business, or Engineering. Typically has junior academic class status.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.