Co-Op/Intern-Quality Engineer/Analyst - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCo-Op/Intern-Quality Engineer/Analyst - Kohler, WI
The Co-Op/Intern - Quality Engineer/Analyst position is located in Kohler, Wisconsin. We have multiple opportunities for the 2017 Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters.
Are you an engineering student looking for a career within quality or supplier quality? Are you interested in a Co-Op/Intern with a global consumer products company? Are you someone who thrives in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to architect solutions to challenging problems? Join an exciting quality team where your ideas, hard work ethic, and team work are appreciated and recognized - and where you get to see the results of our work in consumer's everyday lives.
As a Co-Op/Intern - Quality Engineer/Analyst, you will help minimize the variability of purchased materials by utilizing Supplier Quality Management (SQM) principles. This position will support both new product development (NPD) project releases for Kohler product as well as support for product already released to the field.
* Develop Qualification & Verification Test Plans, Capability Studies and subsequent Control Plans at suppliers for new products. Help develop PFMEA and Print Process Reviews with suppliers for new/existing products.
* Participate in supplier qualification activities, quality system assessments, and process/facility audits and surveys. Communicate and help facilitate supplier PPAP submissions.
* Assist with the selection of qualified suppliers; match product quality requirements with supplier capability; and Supplier development. Initiate quality system improvements via application of quality engineering methods and/or supplier quality management principles.
* Support internal manufacturing operations via investigation, analysis, and obtaining supplier corrective action for purchased product failures impacting affected Kohler facilities.
* Assist with identification of Significant Quality Characteristics - both for internal manufacturing operations and supplied product. Develop supporting process and product performance data, reports, recommendations, and initiate corrective actions for all listed responsibilities.
* Student will be enrolled in an ABET accredited Engineering Degree program; ideal academic level will be Junior or Senior status.
* Additional skills sought include high attention to detail, solid oral and written communication and personal interactions skills, and the ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.