Co-Op Intern - University of Michigan (3440)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
* Study and analyze the supply chains supporting weapons and other complex systems.
* Be an integral member of a project team and, in successive rotations, accept increasing responsibility.
* Under the guidance of a mentor, complete both on-the-job and formal job-specific training.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support a project team analyzing system-support supply chains (including purchasing, inventory management, maintenance, and distribution) in government organizations such as the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security.
* Conduct background research, client interviews, and fact-finding.
* Perform analyses using large-scale, in-house logistics databases.
* Perform analyses using analytical and simulation models of supply chains.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Must be a student currently enrolled at University of Michigan
* Must be a candidate for an undergraduate degree (in operations research, industrial engineering, logistics, systems engineering, applied mathematics, supply chain management, economics, or a related major).
* Must have declared a major.
* Must have a 2.5 GPA or better.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
* Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
* Be available for occasional travel.
LMI is a consulting firm committed to helping government leaders and managers reach decisions that make a difference. As a not-for-profit organization, we are chartered to bring the most analytical, creative, and unbiased talent to work on advancing all aspects of government management. Best known for our long standing excellence in logistics management, we today also offer capabilities in: acquisition, facilities and asset management, financial management, information technology, organizations and human capital, healthcare management, energy, and the environment. With a staff of more than 1000, we work with virtually every federal department and agency, as well as other governmental bodies. We are located Tysons, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, DC.
* Co-Ops will need to provide their own transportation to and from work and locate and arrange for their own housing.
* All Co-Op positions at LMI are paid positions.
* Applicants must submit their cover letter, resume, and copies of their unofficial undergraduate transcripts.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tysons, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.