Co-Op Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Foth & Van Dyke
Green Bay, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S., and the largest headquartered in Wisconsin, Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently accepting applications for our 2017 Mechanical Process Engineering Co-op program in our Green Bay, WI location. Foth is a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented organization. We are looking for outgoing, energetic, individuals who want a new learning experience, exposure to technical engineering and a desire to contribute to our clients success.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
* Assist with field data gathering under the direction of a process engineer
* Create and maintain clear and accurate design documents (P&IDs, equipment plans, piping drawings, photo drawings)
* Assist with CADD in the preparation of drawings for process and utility system related projects
* Understand, interpret, and develop design and construction specifications
* Perform standard process system calculations (pump sizing, material and energy balance, fluid flow analysis, valve and instrument sizing)
All Foth members are expected to:
* Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* Successful completion of 6+ semesters in an ABET accredited mechanical or chemical engineering program, with at least 50% core engineering coursework (transcripts must accompany resume)
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 (please indicate on resume) and currently in good-standing
* Previous experience with and/or coursework involving:
* Standard process calculations (pump sizing, valve and instrument sizing, fluid flow analysis)
* Equipment specification and procurement support (obtaining quotes, vendor contact/follow-up)
Foth offers an attractive compensation/benefits package and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
The Employment Experience at Foth as described by our current members:
Balance - Foth is organized and operates in a manner that balances the needs of four important contributors to its success: clients, members, suppliers, and the organization itself. The basic needs of these four entities are fulfilled in a manner that represents a benefit to all parties.
Sense of Belonging - Our members have a sense of belonging to a valued enterprise and contributing to the greater good of our communities and society in general. We care for each other s well-being, and celebrate the technical challenges we overcome together on behalf of our clients.
Part of a Successful Team - Through effective collaboration, our clients, suppliers, individual members, and our organization are all successful. We are proud of the great reputation Foth has in its markets and its communities.
Professional & Personal Growth Opportunities - The organization invests a percentage of its profits in providing members with multiple career advancement and professional development opportunities. Our career development program provides members a clear line of sight towards future opportunities, effective on-the-job coaching and mentoring relationships, and the member s full partnership in their own development.
Performance-Based Culture - Individual and team contributions are meaningfully recognized. Compensation is competitive within the market and extraordinary performance is rewarded with career and growth opportunities as well as greater levels of compensation and ownership in the firm.
Dynamic Learning Environment - The work environment and work schedule support member development and continuous learning. We value sharing of knowledge, independent thinking in the performance of our client work, and continual improvement in the intellectual capital of all of our members and our organization.
Personal Responsibility - Our members are proud of the quality work produced and take personal responsibility to deliver high-quality work according to the commitments we make and actively sustain our values and our culture.
Individual Influence - Our members know how they contribute to the big picture - the flat, client-centered structure of the organization allows individuals to be actively involved in setting the direction of their work teams.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.