Co-Op Product Development Engineer- Sensors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Winston Salem, NC
TE Connectivity has a Product Development Engineer Co-Op available in Winston Salem, NC within the Automotive Business Unit. This role will support the Automotive Sensors Group.
As a Co-Op Engineer working with the North America Automotive Sensor Development Engineering Group, you will gain exposure to the basic elements of the product development process including the following phases: Definition, Concept, Design, Validation, and Production Release.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Work on new product development and VAVE cost reduction projects.
* Assist sensor engineering team by performing activities required in the design, development, test, and manufacture of sensor products.
* Perform engineering experiments and analysis.
* Oversee support operations such as fabrication of prototypes and testing.
* Assist in development of product validation plan and testing specification requirement review.
* Maintain project records.
* Participate in concept and development design review meetings.
* Candidate must be a rising sophomore or junior majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
* Must be available for 3 sequential alternating full-time work / full-time school terms.
* Minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Capability of creative, analytical and structured thinking with the ability to execute.
* Strong computer skills.
* Effective problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
* Exposure to 3D Modeling using Creo a plus.