Coalesse Intern Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic person who is highly motivated to learn and grow. We are looking for someone with a positive outlook who is comfortable interacting with people in a professional manner.
We want our Intern to become part of our Coalesse team and help him or her learn about the contract design industry and make valuable contacts in Chicago. This role is a customer facing position and will give the Intern personal connections to professional designers and end users. There are many opportunities for the Intern to gain specifying, layout and drawing experience, including finish selection and experience with RFP's and Bid specifications.
Offer designed, branded experience for clients inside the Coalesse Chicago showroom.
* Reinforce brand proposition
* Engage in Gracious Hosting behaviors
* Oversee Reception Duties -Coalesse
* Reception / greet guests; assist with literature requests, etc.
* Open/close showroom daily
* Perform hospitality services, including light food and beverage service and kitchen maintenance
Maintain Facility; work with vendors, MMPI, Coalesse Marketing, Design, & Sales to maintain operations and design integrity.
* Maintain the integrity of the showroom design; keep all areas presentable
* Maintain showroom inventory and asset records
* Maintain all operating systems in showroom; lighting, music, gates, etc.
* Develop & maintain strong relationships with MMPI facilities personnel
* Maintain kitchen inventory and showroom/office supplies
* Order kitchen & office supplies
* Operate & maintain all business machines
Administrative + Design Support
* Assist Customer Experience Specialist and A & D Alliance Leader as needed
* Assist Chicago Sales Team as needed
* Maintain + Manage Literature/Finish Library
* stock & maintain library of literature, samples, binders for Showroom & Chicago Sales
* handle fabric/finish and literature requests from area a+d firms, dealers, & customers and as directed by Chicago Sales Team
* (messenger, FedEx, mail, etc.)
* Chicago Sales Road Sample Inventory
* Maintain complete inventory of samples
* Maintain order in physical storage space
* Transfer samples to showroom and back to storage as needed by Sales
* Arrange for shipment of samples as needed
* Layout and specifying support
* Consult on finish selections
* May provide additional support to Applications Group
* Rendering Support
* Sketch Up / CAD/ Revit, etc.
NeoCon Trade Show Activities
Support Coalesse Marketing, Design, & Sales directives, specifically as directed by Customer Experience Specialist (Neocon Team Leader).
* Coordinate all logistical elements of Chicago Showroom as related to NeoCon
Knowledge, skills and attributes we are seeking in a candidate
Candidate must be detailed and responsible. Prior experience in service or design industry is favored. The candidate must be enrolled in college and engaged in design-related study and meet the requirements of the Steelcase Internship Program.
We are seeking a candidate to fulfill a full time position in our showroom, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. We will, however, consider candidates who cannot make a 40 hour commitment after reviewing the circumstances.