Cobol / MainFrame Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: Cobol/MainFrame Developer
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ 85007
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work as a team member in the support and development of Motor Vehicle systems.
* Analyze business processes, create program specifications, develop and maintain software.
* Research, diagnose and resolve errors with minimal supervision.
* Create and maintain detailed documentation including business requirements, analysis, test case scenarios, and migration procedures. Provide input for project cost estimates.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Mainframe, Client/Server and Web.
* Design and development of relational databases.
* Budget and fiscal policies and procedures.
* Procurement rules and regulations.
* Human resource rules and policies.
* Agency/State policies, procedures, programs and business goals.
* Software products to aid in management of projects.
* System development life cycle.
* Principles and practices of project management.
* Business needs of an organization.
* Work management and work leadership.
* Writing and interpersonal communication.
* Problem solving and Analytical skills.
* PL/1, COBOL, IMS DB/DC, TSO/ISPF, z/OS JCL, Panvalet, Xpeditor, FTP, Microsoft Office Suite, EDI.
* Implement software solutions in an enterprise environment.
* Interpret business requirements and effectively implement into a software solution.
* Work effectively with a wide range of people.
* Work efficiently and meet deadlines.
* Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
* Handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Work independently and as a member of a team.
* Create clear and concise documentation, including technical specifications.
* Ideal Candidate: Will possess 4 years programming experience in PL/1 or COBOL in an IMS DB/DC environment.