Coding Coordinator - Physician Practices
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Reviewing the Physician, Non-Physician Provider (NPP), and other clinical documentation and assigning the appropriate CPT Evaluation & Management codes, procedural codes, modifiers, and the appropriate ICD-10 codes for each patient encounter or ensuring the assigned codes are supported in the clinical documentation
* Identifying when vital clinical documentation is missing based on Federal, State, and other payer documentation guidelines which govern coding and works with the Physician or NPP to obtain the documentation
* Acting as a liaison with the outsourced coding vendors and the clinical department(s) to ensure the accurate and timely coding of physician services
* Acting as a liaison to outsourced scanning vendors
* Monitoring physician documentation in support of coding and scanning operations
* Managing coding related RCxRules edits
* Leading efforts related to code list management for physician service including electronic lists and paper forms that contain diagnoses and procedure codes and modifiers
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Graduate of an accredited coding program and must have experience with Physician coding as a CPC or CCS-P
* Some college level Health Information Management courses and/or equivalent experience in health field position preferred
* Proficiency in diagnosistic, procedural and modifier coding required
* Effective written and oral communication skills required
* Must be able to communicate effectively with executives, physicians and colleagues about sensitive issues
* Strong time management skills and broad knowledge of computer systems utilized in healthcare and HIM is desired including electronic health records
* Coding certification required: CPCor CCS-P
* Physical Requirements: Mainly sedentary
* Visual Requirements: Near vision and extensive exposure to VDTs
* Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation and telephone communication
* Working Conditions: Office setting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.