Coding & Data Quality Specialist (ICD-10 certification required) 9/8/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
If you share our passion for healthcare excellence, take your place among the best at Truman Medical Centers. Named one of the nation's top academic medical centers, TMC is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Health Sciences and is particularly distinguished for its care in asthma, bariatrics, diabetes, women's health, and trauma services. TMC is a two-hospital, combined 422-bed not-for-profit hospital, which is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Kansas City, Missouri. As a comprehensive, multi-faceted, not-for-profit health care system, TMC serves all patient demographics, regardless of the ethnic or socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Data & Coding Specialist is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of developments in coding classification systems, APC & DRG edits, CMS regulations, National and Local Coverage Determinations, and Mutual of Omaha communications. Maintain accurate, detailed and consistent documentation of coding audit activity, reporting and action. Conduct coding audit in any location of the Corporation related to any service provided by the Corporation. Prepare coding quality reports for the Corporate HIM Coding Management team.
* Associate or Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management.
* Credentialed with RHIT or RHIA.
* Five years of experience coding all patient types. ICD-9-CM classification system knowledge, CPT-4, and HCPCS. Good knowledge of APC and DRG system. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use encoding tools.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbal, nonverbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
* Independent judgment in investigation and preparation of documents.
* Proficient in personal computer applications.
* Experience in performance improvement.
* Experience in quality audit activity.
8:00AM - 4:30PM